Friday, July 11, 2008

Hot Couture


Paris Couture week was beautiful! Simple, avant garde, and a little crazy are just a few words I would use to describe the wonderful week in fashion.

I'll start off with my favorite Chanel. This was a brilliant collection (although I could've done without the hair). The color palate consisted of a million shades of gray! Everything from pewter to slate. I liked the modern aesthetic. It's a different than the usual black and white, but it works nicely in this collection.



Coco looked amazing in that dress! The back cowl with camellia's is amazing! The second dress is classically elegant and beautiful.And The third dress kind of looks like an upturned umbrella but a fierce one!


It took me a while to like the Dior collection. I did not like it at first, but looking back on it, it had very strong pieces. The collection had a very strong 40's influence with high waisted coats and Claudette Colbert inspired hats. The final look was amazing. The dress is haute couture personified.




Valentino was another amazing show! The new designer Alessandra Facchinetti designed a stunning and modern collection that could have been designed by the grand couturier himself. I loved the structured coats as well as the dresses that flowed freely.




Lacroix was stunning. As he usually he does there was a lot of beautiful heavy fabric and lots of lace detail. My facvorite piece was the little black and yellow dress! Stunning. Vlada looked great as the bride!





Jean Paul Gaultier was interesting. I find myself actually liking these crazy Jetsonesque creations. The collection is very interesting and proves that a little wire goes a long ways! His bride looks like something out of a Star Wars movie! I love it!



Elie Saab was pretty but boring. Not much to say really.



The worst I must say is Givenchy. I thought it was hideous when I first laid eyes on it. Then I grew to like it...but looking at high quality pictures makes everything clearer. I can see the Peruvian inspiration Tisci was aiming for it it all failed. It was too bland. There was nothing really couture about it. And I honestly a single color outfit? Come on!





Thank you to the amazing people at The Fashion Spot for providing these wonderful pictures!

-xoxo

No comments: